Automatic installation documentation

Phil biondi at cartel-securite.fr
Wed Feb 27 13:28:05 CET 2002

Hi,

Do some of you know about a tool that is able to make an installation
documentation.

This will be about the same as generating a report on the machine.

I've begun to write sth that output a LaTeX report giving details about
the hardware, listing some important files as /etc/network/interfaces,
reporting the partitioning of the disks, giving the list of packages with
their versions and the .config in appendix.

Does this already exists ?

Btw, do you know a simple way to get the equivalent of dpkg -l (to get the
list of packages installed with their version) but which is not truncated.
(For the moment I have to parse myself /var/lib/dpkg/status.)

--
Philippe Biondi <biondi@ cartel-securite.fr> Cartel Sécurité
Security Consultant/R&D                      http://www.cartel-securite.fr