Create a Local Mirror

Bob Parnes rparnes at megalink.net
Tue Dec 3 16:12:36 CET 2002

Hello,

I am new to this mailing list, and I hope you tolerate beginners.
I am trying to set up fai for the first time, and much of it is new
to me.

My problem is creating a local mirror. If I understand the fai guide,
I should use mkedebmirror to download 4.2 GB of files. I began to do
so through my dialup connection to the internet but soon realized that
I had my numbers mixed up and that it would take too long. I could find
nothing in the mailing list archive that suggested an alternative, so
I hope someone can help.

Considering what I have currently, I can think of two possibilities.

1. I made up a local mirror, using apt-move. For my purpose, it would
be good enough. However, it is missing a Release file, and I do not
know how to create one, if even it is possible to do so.

2. A short time ago, I used jigdo-lite to generate a set of woody CDs.
It took several weeks of running the program overnight. Is there a way
to use these CDs to produce a local mirror for fai? Each CD has a Release
file, and presumably I could concatenate them. However, the .deb files
are in a pool subdirectory with a structure that differs from that
produced by debmirror.

Thanks for any help.

bp

--