fai-setup breaks

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.net
Fri Aug 30 12:16:33 CEST 2002

Maybe too klate for you, but as i just solved a problem for me which might
have been the same i just want to document that on the list:

> This is on a pretty much stock woody system. I've downloaded the
> repository and bsdutils...deb exists.
>
> root at kurtz:/var/export/fai/nfsroot#fai-setup
> Account $LOGUSER=fai already exists.
> Make sure, that all install clients can
> log into this account without a password.
> /home/fai/.rhosts created.
> User account fai set up.
> Creating FAI nfsroot can take a long time and will
> need more than 150MB disk space in /var/export/fai/nfsroot.
> E: Couldn't download bsdutils
> chroot: cannot execute apt-get: No such file or directory

I had the same error here, it has been solved by setting the parameter

FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="$debdist file:/home/ftp/pub/debian"

correctly.
here in my case to use the debian mirror which is located on the fai-server
itself.
The parameter debdist should be set correctly, too.  in case you use a ftp
mirror use ftp instead of file, analogeous when using http mirror.

The error is a bit annoying because i wondered a long time why apt-get
isn't there and tried several things, until i had to find out  that it seems
to ba
a chroot message which sends

Henning