PFAI ?

Henning Glawe glaweh at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 21 18:13:35 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 08:47:56AM -0700, Bruce  Edge wrote:
> Guess I haven't been paying enough attention to the list, what if PFAI?
> Is there a list of differences between it and FAI?
basically it is a bunch of _P_atches to FAI. patches are more or less
regularly sent to Thomas, some are merged.
Additional functionality:

- CVS stored configuration (merged)
- System updates based on CVS (if you have a bunch of production systems
  you don't want to reinstall them on every config update)
- repackaged (split into client,server,nfsroot and doc)
- some bugfixes pending inclusion into FAI

till now it is rather undocumented, though I'm working on documentation
on the advanced features...
a bit more detailed differences to fai can be found in the tarball...

http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~glaweh/debian/pfai.tar.bz2

--
c u
henning