lilo.conf not generated?

Chad Walstrom chewie at wookimus.net
Wed Aug 21 17:00:24 CEST 2002

> More suggestions?

Use grub. ;-) Honestly, grub has saved my butt a number of times.  It's
command line interface and its ability to understand filesystems has
made it invaluable to me.  There were times when I've forgotten to run
lilo (yet again), only to find my system unbootable (because I
uninstalled the previous kernel).  There are a number of other reasons
why grub is simply better, but I'd rather point you to the grub website
or /usr/share/doc/grub directory to find out why.

There are cases where lilo is the only thing that works, but rare cases
indeed.

Anyway, I know that's not much of a help in the context you requested,
so I hope you solve your problem. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie