lilo.conf not generated?

Michael Renner michael.renner at gmx.de
Wed Aug 21 10:52:49 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 16:06, Matt Hope wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Michael Renner <michael.renner at gmx.de> wrote...
>
> : Moin,
> : after a successful installation the client won't boot because there is no
> : new mbr record. It seems, that the mbr is not recreated because there is
> : no /etc/lilo.conf (or /tmp/target/etc/liloconf while installing).
> : Any hints what can cause this?
> : Thanks
>
> In the default configuration, you need to have classes for BOOT, MBR
> and LILO for this to be installed.. I think.

OK, thanks for this, now a lilo.conf is generated, the system is not bootable
anyhow. I find in the installogs:

rcS.log:Removing `diversion of /usr/sbin/liloconfig to
/usr/sbin/liloconfig.distrib by fai'
shell.log: Creating lilo.conf for /vmlinuz
updatebase.log:Adding `diversion of /usr/sbin/liloconfig to
/usr/sbin/liloconfig.distrib by fai'

In the lilo.conf is an entry 'map=/boot/map', but there is no file called
'map', neither in /boot nor in /tmp/target/boot.

More suggestions?
Thanks
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner at gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |