Installing Debian kernels (after initial boot)

Tue Aug 20 11:14:40 CEST 2002

    > There are a few more things (fixes) to consider for FAI.  The
    > subroutines file is great in that it's library-like, but there
    > is a limited environment available in BASH or ash.  We see that
    > with problems in the postinstall scripts that rely upon "xargs".
    > When subroutines gets exported to the environment, xargs dies
    > horribly.

    > One way to get around that is to reevaluate how we use the
    > subroutines in FAI.  One thing to consider is rewriting the
    > functions as scripts by themselves.  This will blackbox things a
    > little better and reduce the need for large shell environments.
That's exact the way I will do it.
It's done for task_defclass() which is now called fclass.
Look at it in http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download/developers/
It should also work with a plain bourne shell (for Solaris).
--
Gruss Thomas