Post-install dselect installs new packages on first run

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri Aug 16 17:10:06 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:12:53 +0200
ole.schistad at zonavi.com said:

>I've noticed this in every client I've installed so far; if you run dselect an
>d go into the selection menu, select no packages there but continue on to inst
>all, a bunch of packages are installed that did not make it during the network
> install. Is this because some of these are packages that require manual confi
>guration and the rest depend on them, or is it a bug in the install scripts th
>at mark packages for installation but do not actually install them with apt
>etc?

One of the things I added to /fai/scripts/LAST was this line:

	# Make sure everything is configured properly
	echo "running apt-get -f install"
	chroot  $target apt-get -f install

This pretty much takes care of any package which wasn't properly
configured *before* the client reboots to it's own installed OS.

--

Seeya,
Paul