Post-install dselect installs new packages on first run

Walter Tautz wtautz at math.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 16 16:52:04 CEST 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 ole.schistad at zonavi.com wrote:

> I've noticed this in every client I've installed so far; if you run dselect and go into the selection menu, select no packages there but continue on to install, a bunch of packages are installed that did not make it during the network install. Is this b
ecause some of these are packages that require manual configuration and the rest depend on them, or is it a bug in the install scripts that mark packages for installation but do not actually install them with apt etc?

probably because dselect uses recommends to install additional package whereas
apt does not?

-walter