custom kernel not getting installed

Thu Aug 8 10:41:22 CEST 2002

    > Hi all,

    > Continuing to debug the rebuild of my FAI server, I've
    > discovered that my custom kernel is not getting installed.  In
    > DEFAULT.var, I have:
    > 	kernelimage=kernel-image-2.4.18_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
Looks good.

    > and in /fai/files/packages I have:

    > 	ls -l /usr/local/share/fai/files/packages/ total 1104
    > 	-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1125660 Jun 27 14:05 	kernel-image-2.4.18_10.00.Custom_i386.deb
Also ok.

    > I can't seem to find anywhere in the logs where one can see what
    > variables are defined, or where it might be attempting to
    > install any custom kernel image.
Defining variables can't be seen in the log. But I think I can
implement this in the next FAI version.

To debug the part which installs the kernel, add this line to
.../scripts/DEFAULT/S01:

set -xv

You will get a lot of output, but you can see, if the variable
$kernelimage is set correct or if a test command fails.