FAI client can't ssh logs to server

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Aug 7 20:40:36 CEST 2002

In a message dated: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 11:31:59 PDT
Marc Martinez said:

>make sure that /root/.ssh/ in the nfsroot area has all the files
>required to do an automated login .. specifically, the known_hosts
>file with the servers host keys in it, and an ssh key file set that
>has an empty passphrase attached to it, and of course the fai log user
>account needs to have that public key in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
>file on the server, too.
>
>once all that's in place you should have no problems with automated
>logins from the client boxes.

It seems that the recent upgrade in ssh changed the default settings
such that Protocol 2 was required and Protocol 1 is turned off.  For
some reason, I also did not have id_rsa* files in ~/.ssh.

Once I created them and copied the id_rsa.pub file into the
authorized_keys file everything was fine.

Thanks!
--

Seeya,
Paul