can not get nfsroot to setup under woody

Walter Tautz wtautz at math.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Aug 1 22:20:33 CEST 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Andreas Schockenhoff wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 1. August 2002 22:03 schrieb Walter Tautz:
>
> > I seem to be unable to get fai-setup to work. It simply seems to stop
> >
> > Setting up liblockfile1 (1.03) ...
> >
> > Setting up libident (0.22-2) ...
> >
> > Setting up apt (0.5.4) ...
> >
> > Setting up manpages (1.39-1.1) ...
> >
> > Setting up net-tools (1.60-4) ...
> >
> > Setting up libsasl7 (1.5.27-3) ...
> >
> > Setting up netkit-ping (0.10-9) ...
> >
> > Setting up modconf (0.2.43) ...
> >
> > Setting up gettext-base (0.10.40-5) ...
> >
> > Setting up syslinux (1.66-1) ...
> >
> > Setting up console-tools (0.2.3-23.3) ...
> > Looking for keymap to install:
> > NONE
> looks OK.

Alas it stops... at this point,  seems to be the only way to get out of it....
> Enable verbose Mode.

That is the verbose mode to make-fai-nfsroot -v

In any event I am currently trying to run make-fai-nfsroot -r to see if I can
recover the run and I added set -x to the script. Perhaps then I will see what's
going wrong. or maybe it will just work now...