Client not creating resolv.conf

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Apr 24 19:58:38 CEST 2002

For some reason, my client host is not creating resolv.conf. So far, I've
traced this to the fact $DNSSRVS is not being set. $DNSSRVS is set by
dhclient-perl which should be mapped from the new_domain_name_servers
variable set in the dhclient environment. I _do_ have 'option
domain-name-servers x.x.x.x;' in my dhcpd.conf on the server.  I'm using
the dhcp3 package as it was the only way I found to pass the fai options
(170, etc.) to the client.

A dhcpdump seems to reveal that my dhcp server is never returning the DNS
servers (option 6) to the client, even when it's being explicitly
requested.

Has anyone else encountered this?

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.