NFS hangs on client

Andrew Sweger andrew at sweger.net
Wed Apr 24 02:17:30 CEST 2002

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Chad Walstrom wrote:

> Would your server, by chance, not be compiled with NFSv3 support? ...
> It is also possible that the FAI client is compiled only with NFSv2
> support, in which case I would see the problem.

Oops, I forgot to mention that the configuration mount does work for a
short time while mounted v3 ("v3" appears in mount's output for the
configuration mount). Running find on this mount one or two times triggers
the freeze part way through find's output.

But I will follow up on your advice. I might find something interesting.

Thanks.

--
Andrew B. Sweger -- The great thing about multitasking is that several
                                things can go wrong at once.