Local partial Debian mirror under Solaris

Alexander List alexlist at ees2.oulu.fi
Thu Apr 18 19:35:51 CEST 2002

Hello,

I am currently about to install FAI in our test network. Our policies
strictly prohibit any kind of outbound network connections from that net.
So I have to set up a local partial Debian mirror on a machine that has
access to the Internet and then push those files to our internal net.

Our environment is pure Solaris, and I tried to run mkdebmirror mentioned
in the FAI installation guide on Solaris.

Now I'm running into severe troubles... there are some portability problems
with debmirror. Is anybody aware of a clean alternative that will work on
Solaris?

Alex