make-fai-nfsroot stops

Jens Ruehmkorf ruehmkorf at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE
Tue Oct 16 00:57:28 CEST 2001

Hi Geert, Christoph and all others!

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Geert Stappers wrote:
> At 20:30 +0200 10/15/01, Christoph Keller wrote:
>
> > Looks like a problem with debootstrap.
> > I have send a bug report (hope i'm not wrong)
>
> In bug #115700 there _no_ hints to debootstrap.
> It looks more like your "realplayer" problem.
>
> Aren't you mixing up problems?
>
> Anyhow, prepare your self to provide developers with more information.

Geert is right: especially when filing a bug report with severity level
higher than normal I would double-check everything and trying different
things as well. Additionally, woody is not released yet, if you use it you
are expected to do some work and can't expect the same stability as of a
release.

In case you don't know: debootstrap is tested as part of boot-floppies
probably a couple of hundred times each day and nobody has reported a
similar problem yet (see http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/). Which
doesn't mean it cannot fail in a different environment but makes a
misconfiguration more likely.

Still, I hope we can find your problems soon.

Kind regards,
Jens

--
ruehmkorf at informatik dot uni hyphen koeln dot de