Kernel (2.4.X series) not doing the initial boot.

Stephane Enten tuf at mmania.com
Mon Oct 8 23:11:32 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 07:16:08PM +0200, Jens Ruehmkorf wrote:
 > > Do not mail a kernel config file to the mailling list, because it's
 > > big and uninteresting to most of the list subscribers.
 >
 > What about a compromise: put all relevant log- and config files
 > (dhcpd.conf etc.) on a webpage and let an email point to that. I think the
 > problem itself is interesting enough to most of us, even though the
 > configs and logs don't have to be sent to everybody.

That's what I planed to do, with "screendump" made by digital camera.

Since you convinced me to use PXE instead of letting the kernel do the
hard work, I'll try that tomorrow and will build a webpage with
results.
(I'll also run the test I mentioned earlier to get rid of some
questions I have.)

	Stephane