Kernel (2.4.X series) not doing the initial boot.

Stephane Enten tuf at mmania.com
Mon Oct 8 18:02:31 CEST 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 01:03:18PM +0200, Thomas Lange wrote:

 > Do you really need the 2.4.X kernel during installation ? Try the
 > 2.2.19 version during installation and install a 2.4 Kernel to the
 > install clients. You can also send a detailed log of the error
 > messages and the kernel config fo fai at informatik.uni-koeln.de. Do not
 > mail a kernel config file to the mailling list, because it's big and
 > uninteresting to most of the list subscribers.

Sorry for the "big" post containing the kernel .config file, I'll post
them to your other alias if I must.

Regarding the 2.2.19 kernel, I'll try it for debugging my installation
process, but can't use it for the actual install.

We are using ReiserFS on every disk partition, and using an old 2.2
kernel would create an old-format reiserfs partition ...

	Stephane