Realplayer?

Eric Mumpower nocturne at permabit.com
Fri Oct 5 14:08:54 CEST 2001

> To me it looks you are trying to install a rpm-package on Debian system.
> This is not a FAI-problem.

No, no, you misunderstand. There is a 'realplayer' package, in contrib for
testing and unstable. Due to its distribution license, to install it, you
must first hand-download the RPM for RealPlayer from Real Networks' web
site, and leave it sitting in '/root'. Then, you must install the .deb for
realplayer, and answer a few interactive questions.

Simply sticking this in a package_config file is inadequate, as the
interactive installer doesn't seem to want to work:

PRELOADRM http://my.web.server/~faistuff/rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm /root
realplayer

I suspect a fai 'script'-time expect script is in order, but I haven't taken
the time to whip it together myself yet.