BOOTP server

Wed Jan 17 13:02:08 CET 2001

    > environment.  But we have some problems.. We are running dhcp
    > server for windows clients to assign IP addresses dynamically.
    > I install FAI and install boopd on the same machine and make a
    > fai floppy disk with BOOTP support. But when I boot the fai
    > client with a fai floppy disk, it gets IP and all network
    > configuration from dhcp server, not the bootp server which is a
There are two request to the BOOTP information. First the kernel tries
to get its IP-address, gateway and netmask. Later the script rcS_fai gets
additional BOOTP information using the command bootpc in
lib/subroutines. You can add the option " --server addr" to the bootpc
call. Maybe this this will be included in FAI next time.

If you want to omit the first request from the kernel, you can add
kernel parameters onto the floppy (see
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt:
nfsroot=[<server-ip>:]<root-dir>[,<nfs-options>] and
). Therefore you have to change the script make-fai-bootfloppy. The
you kernel will not need the BOOTP option.

Please send a mail, if this works as I guess.

--
 Thomas
            Thomas Lange

1024D/AB9B66FD AEA6 A8C1 BD8E 67C4 8EF6  8BCA DC13 E54E AB9B 66FD