BOOTP server

Air Heechul jijisa at n2h2.com
Tue Jan 16 22:20:49 CET 2001

hi, I'm a newbie on this mailing list.
We have a debian linux based network so FAI is a good choice to implement
on our environment.
But we have some problems.. We are running dhcp server for windows clients
to assign IP addresses dynamically.
I install FAI and install boopd on the same machine and make a fai floppy
disk with BOOTP support. But when I boot the fai client with a fai floppy
disk, it gets IP and all network configuration from dhcp server, not the
bootp server which is a FAI server, and the dhcp server just dies after it
with some weird error messages(I'm sorry I don't remember what it was..)
Since bootp and dhcp broadcasts to the subnet, I don't know how to specify
the bootp server on a fai floppy disk.

Is there any way to point FAI client bootp to bootpd daemon on FAI server?
Or any other workarounds??

Thanks,

Heechul