configuration

Eray Ozkural (exa) erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Thu Jan 4 00:46:28 CET 2001

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > Well, I was using the old alpha FAI and then I upgraded to the
>     > latest beta but of course everything broke.
> Which versions ? Did you use a version after 1.4.0 ?

It's 1.4.0 Any major changes after that?

>     > The problem is that the configuration is not generic enough.
> More details please.

OK. For instance host names of the machines to install. The problem
is that to do the things that I want (private IP net, parallel libs etc)
I end up changing a *lot* of things which doesn't look very right to me.
I do think the configuration is just too flat now, the config should
be a small set of more abstract configuration files IMHO. Now that
I've upgraded to 1.4.0, I've had to change almost every script. So what's
the point of having a configuration at all, and still I haven't been
able to have it working like I did for the first alpha :(

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr