configuration

Eray Ozkural (exa) erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr
Wed Jan 3 18:45:08 CET 2001

Well, I was using the old alpha FAI and then I upgraded to the
latest beta but of course everything broke.

The problem is that the configuration is not generic enough.
It's still very much tied to the specifics of the system Thomas
develops it on and copying from templates and editing them is
too difficult.

How to do it: capturing in the config files (in /etc !!!) the
variables that the users might want to modify. Only high level
stuff here. Then, I think one could use autoconf to configure
the scripts to the configuration in /etc. If I have time
I will do it myself, but Thomas might want to have a look at
this himself. Since users may want to have greater control
also provide a way to over-ride default scripts, etc.

Thanks!!

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural
e-mail: erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr