FAI for woody or potato WAS Re: Problems with bootp and self-compiled kernels

Mon Dec 17 16:52:25 CET 2001

    > On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Thomas Lange wrote:
    >> FAI 2.2.3 is for potato, where the tar command needs -I, in
    >> woody a new tar version needs -j. So it seems you using a mix
    >> of potato and woody packages.

    > FAI 2.2.3 is the version distributed for woody and sid.

FAI was first released after the potato was the stable release, so it
could not go into potato, but is always in the tree of unstable and
testing. But I wanted to support the stable Debian version. It is also
mentioned in the README, that the default templates and configurations
are for potato (See also NEWS file).

Maybe the next version of FAI will be the "woody default" version and potato
support will be dropped. But I'm not sure when to drop potato support.

--
Gruss Thomas