compaq array controllers

Marc Martinez lastxit+fai at technogeeks.org
Tue Dec 11 01:47:20 CET 2001

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 06:38:44PM -0800, Marc Martinez wrote:
> this looks like it'll get me going so I can focus on the rest of the
> setup necessary, but it'll be tomorrow before I have physical access
> to the machines again.

just to followup (meant to do this last week) with a final report, the
changes I last posted about do indeed allow me to do "proper" installs
on our boxes, the only other snag I ran into was with the "sysinfo"
target not remounting /tmp/target properly.  this was fixed by adding
an extra line in the umount_local_disks() function:

test -d $FAI_ROOT/ida && rmdir $FAI_ROOT/ida/*

just before the regular 'rmdir $FAI_ROOT/*' command.

I've still seen no comments about the patch I posted or the methods
I'm using to go about this.  I'm particularly interested in making
sure that the changes I made don't break any "regular" systems, though
I tried to make sure they wouldn't and don't foresee any problems in
that area, it'll be awhile before I have an extra "regular" system to
be able to test it with myself.

in any case, everything is running wonderfully on my test setup right
now.  after some more tweaking of the classes for our site and some
extra fine-tuning we'll be ready to roll this out for our
testing/staging environments..

thanks for the great infrastructure to build this from, and please
contact me about any changes necessary to get my patches integrated
with the main package, I'd really prefer not to maintain them
seperately for just our site when it seems others could benefit from
them.

Marc