compaq array controllers

Marc Martinez lastxit+fai at technogeeks.org
Mon Dec 3 03:38:44 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 09:03:11PM -0800, Marc Martinez wrote:
> the only remaining holdup I have with what I want to do, and it's not
> even totally mandatory, but very desirable, is to be able to preserve
> the compq system utilities partition.  unfortunately it creates it as
> partition3, leaving the first 2 empty.  this really confuses the script,

for the record (archives), if anybody else is curious, I'm currently
working around this with an extra "cleanup partitions" script that
gets called for each device after the initial disk probe but before
the full partition scan.  the script just looks for the ida/* devices,
scans for a compaq diagnostics partition, and moves it to the first
partition if it exists and is not the current first partition (the
allocated space for the partition is always the same, although the
partition number varies).

this looks like it'll get me going so I can focus on the rest of the
setup necessary, but it'll be tomorrow before I have physical access
to the machines again.

Marc