No getty running!

Helmut Mucker Helmut.MUCKER at frequentis.com
Fri Aug 24 15:42:02 CEST 2001

Hi!

I just installed fai 2.1 and it works great - but:
when booting from the boot-floppy no getty seems
to be started. I come to:

"Press <RETURN> to reboot or ctrl-c to execute a shell"

but either pressing return or ctl-c results in a reboot.
When ssh-ing to the machine i am able to log in, thats
what 'pstree -al' shows:

frqwol31ux:~# pstree -al
init
 |-init
 |  `-rcS /etc/init.d/rcS
 |     `-cat /proc/kmsg
 |-(keventd)
 |-(kflushd)
 |-klogd -c1 -f /tmp/kernel.log
 |-(kswapd)
 |-(kupdate)
 |-(lockd)
 |-portmap
 |-(rpciod)
 |-sshd
 |  |-sshd
 |  |  `-bash
 |  `-sshd
 |     `-bash
 |        `-pstree -al
 `-syslogd -m 0 -p /tmp/etc/syslogsocket

There is no getty running. When i do a 'getty 38400 tty2'
I do get a console-login by pressing ALT-F2.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Helmut

--
Helmut Mucker               FREQUENTIS Vienna, Austria
IT System-Management                  +43-1-81150-2420