boot floppy failing at LI

Wed Aug 22 13:51:49 CEST 2001

> The make-fai-bootfloppy works fine, writes out a proper diskette image.
> I've verified it, all the files are OK, yet it still only gets as far as LI

This error occurs when you create a boot floppy on a unstable system
using a newer lilo version. There's a symlink from /boot/boot.b to
/boot/boot-menu.b. Change the link to boot-compat.b and call lilo.

A new version of make-fai-bootfloppy will be available soon. Thanks
to "Benoit Peccatte" <benoit.peccatte at enst-bretagne.fr> for this hint.

--
 Thomas