hard links in /usr/lib/fai/sbin

Thomas Gebhardt gebhardt at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Fri May 26 16:52:41 CEST 2000

Hi,

the postinst script makes some hard links:

ln /usr/lib/fai/sbin/* /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/sbin

I do export /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot but not /usr/lib/fai.
So there is a hard link between trust boundaries. I am not fully
aware of the consequences but I can observe that this does
not work for me. When I try to

cat /sbin/rcS_fai

on the fai client then I get: Input/Output error

when I do a copy:

cp /usr/lib/fai/sbin/* /usr/lib/fai/nfsroot/sbin

then I can access /sbin/rcS_fai on the client.

I guess that the user space nfsd behaves in a different way.

Kind regards, Thomas