FAI packaging

Esben Haabendal Soerensen bart at sunsite.auc.dk
Wed Jun 14 14:56:17 CEST 2000

Thomas> Hi,
>> I will not burden you all with details about my failed try to
>> install the fai 1.1 debian package on my woody workstation but will
>> instead make a suggestion:
>>
>> Until a descent debian package has been made, is it possible to
>> also package a tar-ball with all the necessary files ?

Thomas> you can extract the tar file from the deb package:

Thomas> dpkg --fsys-tarfile fai-<version>.deb > fai.tar

Thomas> The control information can be extracted with

Thomas> dpkg -e fai-<version>.deb

Thomas> which creates a subdirectory DEBIAN that contains the postinst
Thomas> script (and other control information)

Great.  Thanks!

/bart
--
caffeine low .... brain halted