FAI packaging

Thomas Gebhardt gebhardt at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Wed Jun 14 09:56:57 CEST 2000

Hi,

> I will not burden you all with details about my failed try to install
> the fai 1.1 debian package on my woody workstation but will instead
> make a suggestion:
>
> Until a descent debian package has been made, is it possible to also
> package a tar-ball with all the necessary files ?

you can extract the tar file from the deb package:

dpkg --fsys-tarfile fai-<version>.deb > fai.tar

The control information can be extracted with

dpkg -e fai-<version>.deb

which creates a subdirectory DEBIAN that contains the postinst script
(and other control information)

Kind regards, Thomas