cluster

Jens Rühmkorf ruehmkorf at informatik.Uni-Koeln.DE
Fri Jul 7 19:40:54 CEST 2000

Hello Pedro, hi Thomas, hi everybody else!

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Pedro Guerreiro wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Thomas Lange wrote:
>
> > Following table describes the problems with postinstall script.
>
> Also, another packages that cause problems is the second and following
> dictionaries for ispell, as the postinst script wants to know the order to
> put them [1, 2, 3, ...] and enters a loop, as you can see from the log:
>
> --- cut ---
> [...]

Well, when you take a look at FAI you see that apt is always invoked like
this:

yes 'n' | apt-get <action> ...

Why not use "yes '' | apt-get <action> ..." instead? Of course, by doing so,
you assume that the package maintainer enters a reasonable "good" value as
default. Some other packages mentioned in Thomas' email would probably work
as well (those that get confused when you enter n<Return>). But still, the
above is what we do for NAIS, I did not test things out for FAI and there
might be other reasons that require Thomas to do a "yes 'n' | apt-get
<action> ...". Maybe Thomas could give an answer to this?

Cheerio!

Jens