RFC: How to improve Ubuntu support

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Nov 7 13:23:16 CET 2014

    > I think we can take care of almost all issues at packaging time as
    > described in [3].
Nice link. I didn't know that this was possible.
What are the current diffs in the packaging files for Ubuntu?

    > The only real adjustments required by the PPA are
    > adding the PPA's URL and it's key to config and nfsroot.
IMO this will be only a few lines of diffs. How do you like to handle
those diffs in git?

I love to see an up-to-date FAI release for every Ubuntu LTS, maybe
for every release. I prefer having this in universe instead of a
PPA. But maybe we start with the PPA if this is easier for you.