Origin location of pxelinux.0 inside fai-make-nfsroot

Ronan KERYELL ronan at keryell.fr
Tue Oct 7 17:41:36 CEST 2014

    >> I have an issue with fai-make-nfsroot around lines 492--508 :

    >> It is not clear to me why pxelinux.0 is fetched from $NFSROOT
    >> instead of the local file system?
    Thomas> Yes, that's not clean.

    >> - it is more related to the server than the client using NFSROOT.

    Thomas> IMO it's best to use both from inside the NFSROOT.  In
    Thomas> Jessie those files are in different packages. I will add
    Thomas> them to /etc/fai/NFSROOT instead of defining both
    Thomas> dependencies for the package fai-nfsroot, so that it's still
    Thomas> possible to change it when using wheezy (since wheezy does
    Thomas> not have the package pxelinux)

Yes, after thinking deeper on it, I think this is a better solution too.

This would allow for example to boot both x86 and ARM machines from
different pxelinux.0 on the same server (if this makes sense for ARM) or
at least to bootstrap an x86 from my ARM smartphone used as a FAI
server...

Thank you for the fix.
--
  Ronan KERYELL.