Reimplementing the test harness (was: setup-storage: testsuite & md+lvm+preserve = working)

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Sat Sep 15 20:05:24 CEST 2012

Hello

Just a small info.

> Using my testoutputs is very likely to fail on whatever machine you test
> it on. [...]
> For the moment I have no better suggestion then to eyeball-check the 'new'
> result when running the tests for the first time and replace the output
> files with your test results.

I have started to re-implement my original shell script in perl and I'd
like to tackle this re-usability issue with it. At the moment it's really
just a bare skeleton (but a well documented one!) and very far from
useable in any state, but ... well ... release early, release often and
all that. All those who are interested in it can follow the development at
github. If there's even one good idea coming out of that then I'll mark
this experiment as a success. =)

https://github.com/ThomasNeumann/Public/tree/master/fai-tools/setup-storage_test

tschüß
thomas