setup-storage: testsuite & md+lvm+preserve = working

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Sun Sep 2 22:38:20 CEST 2012

Something that came to mind:

Using my testoutputs is very likely to fail on whatever machine you test it on. At least the volume sizes will be different and parted will show different sizes for all dynamically sized partitions. One ~could~ provide fixed sizes for all partitions and 'force' the correct result but then the testing is of limited value, since it neglects an essential part of setup-storage.

For the moment I have no better suggestion then to eyeball-check the 'new' result when running the tests for the first time and replace the output files with your test results.

Just wanted to warn you before you are overwhelmed by all these scary looking lines in your console buffer.

bye
thomas