Bugs (or easter eggs?) in get-config-dir-svn

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sun Apr 24 23:59:54 CEST 2011

Hi all,

The following applies to trunk+experimental, hence not reporting a bug right
now. I haven't checked, however, whether 3.4.8 might also be affected. So let's
rock:

[...]
FAI_CONFIG_SRC is set to svn+ssh://root@myserver/my/path/fai
svn: Write error: Broken pipe
/var/lib/fai/config already contains a svn repository, but it is not from svn+ssh://root@myserver/my/path/fai!
Please delete /var/lib/fai/config manually. Aborting...
Error in task confdir. Traceback: task_error main
$LOGUSER is undefined. Not saving log files to remote.
FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped.
Calling task_setup
[...]

1. /var/lib/fai/config *DOES* contain an SVN repository from exactly that SVN
URL. The problem is simply that the use of egrep -m1 won't work very well. I'd
suggest using:

svn info $FAI | grep '^URL:' | egrep -o '://.+'

2. "FATAL ERROR. Installation stopped." - and then FAI happily continues. I
think I've moaned about that one before; AFAIK it's about me not having a
suitably low error threshold set, but then FAI shouldn't spit out that kind of
message either.

BTW, this is 4.0~beta2+experimental88.

Happy Easter,