FAI Stable release 3.4.4 (was: FAI Stable release 3.4.3 available)

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Oct 7 23:59:43 CEST 2010

* Julien BLACHE <jblache at debian.org> [Thu Oct 07, 2010 at 09:30:51PM +0200]:
> Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> wrote:

> > I will upload 3.4.3 to Debian/unstable after getting ACK from
> > Thomas, I'll ask the release managers for a release exception WRT
> > squeeze then as well.

> Any news from Thomas?

Yes, we decided to relase 3.4.4 around the upcoming weekend and I'll
upload 3.4.4 to unstable and ask for its inclusion for squeeze then.

What's considered for inclusion in 3.4.4:

* svn r6118 - reinclude code which is needed (closes: #599305)
* update debian/NEWS and mention project homepage and support
  regarding lenny
* provide instructions how to use lenny with 3.4.x (I personally
  want to support etch as well, but we have to test that and write
  according docs beforehand)
* adjust README WRT "This release of FAI is tested with the Debian 5.0
  release (called lenny)."

And finally we have to verify the hostname<->HOSTNAME issue, see
https://lists.uni-koeln.de/pipermail/linux-fai/2010-October/008400.html

If I should put anything further into the queue for inclusion please
ping me.

regards,
-mika-