Request-for-Review of Stable Release 3.4.3 (was: Another issue with RAID preserve in 3.4.x)

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Oct 5 20:57:07 CEST 2010

> * Thomas Lange <lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> [Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 04:05:32PM +0200]:
>
> >     > It's a bit more than a ping: I think we urgently need some definite information
> >     > on the kernel command line issues (see the "Installing Debian Squeeze (i386) -
> >     > No $HOSTNAME set"-thread).
>
> > OK, I now can confirm this bug. IMO, it's due to a change in
> > live-initramfs/live-boot. Apparently setting the hostname using the ip=
> > parameter does not work with live-boot (maybe due to the NOHOST=yes in live.conf).
>
> Which packages and versions are involved? The original ones from
> squeeze, being:
>
>  initramfs-tools           0.98.4
>  live-boot                 2.0.6-1
>  live-boot-initramfs-tools 2.0.6-1
>
> ?
>
> The NOHOSTS="Yes" comes from FAI's live.conf BTW, so if we just have
> to change that this is no big deal (as long as it doesn't break
> anything of course).

In another (private) discussion Mika suggested that live-config could be
necessary. But as far as I understood, live-config should get installed as a
dependency anyhow. Could somebody confirm this assumption? If this is true, then
live-config somehow does not seem to be working properly - it should handle the
hostname= option.

Thanks a lot,