[RFC] setup-storage: generate scripts for partition table (re)creation

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Sat Sep 25 22:18:42 CEST 2010

[...]

> >> So you need at least 2 flags: log command and execute command.
> >
> > As said above: Should mostly just be the logging, and maybe do it as follows:
> >
> > - Add a function that does logging
> > - Add a flag to push_command that causes the logging function to be called
> > - If commands are not pushed because of preserve being in effect, call the
> >   logging function directly.
>
> Having push_command take the two flags would help reducing changes to
> the preserve codepath a lot, I think.

To be honest: I'd anyway count on you to come up with a patch for generating
such scripts - please feel free to make the code as beautiful as you see fit,
even if not completely related to this particular feature. Hence, if you find a
solution using two additional flags to be more beautiful, please just go ahead!

Best,