FAI stable release 3.4.x management

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Aug 8 02:59:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

if anyone wants to see patches included (which Thomas and me
consider for inclusion in Debian squeeze) or you notice that we
forgot anything in the 3.4.x release please let me know.

It would be great if you could provide your patches through the svn
in people/experimental or otherwise just mail them to me (I'll take
care of proper applying and forwarding to Thomas).

Please make your patches atomic (so as small as possible and just
one feature per commit) and try to NOT touch debian/changelog when
commiting. Instead make the first line as meaningful as possible (it
is meant for inclusion in debian/changelog then) and write further
comments starting in the third line of the commit message, so Thomas
and me have better options for the 3.4.x vs. 4.x release management
handling.

I plan to provide documentation for release management, patch
handling,... within the next few weeks but wanted to inform you so
we can work towards squeeze while Thomas isn't available as good as
possible. Hope this is fine for all of you.

Any suggestions, wishes and feedback highly welcome.

regards,
-mika-