FAI roadmap

Joel Merrick joel.merrick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 17:43:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Thomas Lange
<lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
> I've created a little roadmap for the FAI development. It includes
> some topics I like to work on for the next release and a brief
> timeline. Comments are welcome.

Looks good Thomas, one thing I'd like to ask about though is IPv6 support.

I've recently had to do an analysis for IPv6 compliance for our build
systems and it looks like we'll be having to dual-stack most systems
(at least when their in the provisioning VLAN stage) and keep them on
RFC1918 addresses in this stage (which should work fine for us)

I realise that there's a lack of PXE booting in IPv6 (very
experimental when I looked, with only Intel having a card that
supported it - if anyone knows any better, please tell!) but this may
be something resolved soon, so could be good to have a plan for.

According to the 'counter of doom' the IPv4 address range runs out in
345 days and counting..

Cheers,
Joel

--
$ echo "kpfmAdpoofdufevq/dp/vl" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'