FAI roadmap

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Jul 20 17:20:53 CEST 2010

Hi Thomas,

> I've created a little roadmap for the FAI development. It includes
> some topics I like to work on for the next release and a brief
> timeline. Comments are welcome.

Thanks a lot for sharing your plans!! Just a few quick comments, I might add
some more comments in a few days.

- Please make that DHCP-transition-bug top priority. We really shouldn't be
  blocking transitions. (Well, they'll ignore FAI anyway, but it's just such a
  small change that only requires proper consideration of future uses of FAI on
  lenny systems.)
- For the fai-chboot-MAC-stuff we have a patch in experimental
  (fai-chboot_mac-address).
- There's quite a few setup-storage related patches that I'd like to push into
  the release. All of them sitting in experimental for quite some time with
  considerable testing.

Best,