FAI 3.3.2 released (moved to linux-fai-devel)

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Tue Nov 17 14:12:25 CET 2009

> The new release was needed, because the upstart support in
> make-fai-nfsroot has a simple but major bug, which prevented the
> clients from booting up. I also added a fix which now makes
> preserving lvm partitions work.

[...]

Wouldn't it make sense to first build up patches like Ubuntu Karmic support in
experimental and have the experimental builds tested by users requesting those
features such that we don't need to have 2 bugfix-releases in 2 days? I just
makes FAI look very shaky instead of a reliable installer.

Now I'm happy to see FAI being improved and don't care that much about marketing
issues, but seeing my servers upgrade yet again is already painful enough.

Anyway, Thomas and all the Ubuntu users, thanks for your work.

Best,