stable-proposed-updates?

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Feb 20 09:58:49 CET 2009

Hi Holger,

[...]
> Since yesterday there is svn://svn.debian.org/svn/fai/branches/lenny which was
> discussed with Thomas and Luk Claes from the releaseteam.
>
> I also looked through the BTS on tuesday and suggested several other bugs, but
> there were non suited except maybe #464541.
>
> You can read our discussions at
> http://layer-acht.org/fai-irc/fai.log.20090217.html

Ok, then it's all fine, I had only noticed the commits and these contained no
information about a coordination with the release team :-)

> I plan to upload 3.2.16-lenny1 this saturday, so you still have some time. I'm
> also happy to upload 3.2.16-lenny2 later if needed. After the upload is done,
> I will add it to the above mentioned wiki page and mail the release team.
>
> (Note: one should not upload to s-p-u without talking to the SRMs first. But
> as I have done this... :)

Sure.

> I also think that we shouldnt spend too much time on s-p-u, as fai installs
> just fine from unstable. So we should rather work on 3.2.17 and beyond :)
> (But non working perl scripts is too much of a brown paper bug to ignore, IMO,
> thats why I worked on fai for s-p-u :-)

There is the recently filed #515101, which includes a missing patch for a bug
already meant to be fixed in 3.2.5; you definitely noticed that one since you
reopened it: Wouldn't be also nice to include a patch for that one (both in
3.2.16-lenny1 and 3.2.17)?

Best,