setup storage lvm troubles

Andreas Schockenhoff asc at gmx.li
Tue Jul 15 18:09:20 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 15.07.2008, 09:24 +0200 schrieb Henning Sprang:

> Still, all the other errors did not go away with that, and so I've not
> been able to get a lvm setup partitioned with setup storage, even using
> the exact config as given in the examples.
This config file has worked for me after a bringing the new fai to
work. A little bit triki because I have search problems and import
the gpg key start the services (lvm raid) .....

Yes I also start Raid and LVM in a config script before.

# primary  /boot          2500             ext3    defaults
disk_config sda
primary  -              25     -        -
primary  -              0-     -        -

disk_config sdb
primary  -              25     -        -
primary  -              0-     -        -

disk_config raid
raid1        /boot   sda1,sdb1  ext2        rw,errors=remount-ro

raid1        -       sda2,sdb2  ext2        default

# disk_config disk1 bootable:1
# primary  -              0-               -      -

# config the LVM
disk_config lvm

vg              vg_system               md1

vg_system-root  /                       1548        ext3       defaults
-O dir_index,resize_inode
vg_system-usr   /usr                    4000        ext3       defaults
-O dir_index,resize_inode
vg_system-var   /var                    1000        ext3       defaults
-O dir_index,resize_inode
vg_system-opt   /opt                    3596        ext3       defaults
-O dir_index,resize_inode
vg_system-swap  swap                    48          swap       -

boot in a lvm partition has not worked but this is the also ok for me.

I have also problems with spare drives .... but have not debug enough to
write a bug report.

regards Andreas