setup storage lvm troubles

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Jul 15 09:24:49 CEST 2008

Benoit Mortier wrote:
> [...]
> If this is on etch

Yes, it is - using the etch packages from the uni Koeln apt repository.

> your are missing the lvm2 package because vgdisplay is
> in

Not really: the vgdisplay(and the other lvm programs) program was
available and could be run, but resulted in an error.
You probably missed my own replies on this thread, in the meantime, I
found somehow, in launchpad bug reports, that the exact message I got is
a result of lvm services not being started. So this part of the error
goes away when running /etc/init.d/lvm before using the vgs, lvs,
vgdisplay programs.

Still, all the other errors did not go away with that, and so I've not
been able to get a lvm setup partitioned with setup storage, even using
the exact config as given in the examples.

Henning