gpl header copyright bugfix for my old contributions ready to be?merged

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Jun 13 13:04:13 CEST 2008

[...]
> > And that's the point Thomas said will be a lot work, and what he doesn't
> >                                                     like to do before
> > Lenny. A point that should be easy to understand.
>
> well, licensing issues are RC, so...
>

> > If Henning insists (which, after not showing interest in such things for
> > 5 years, the age of most of the contrbutions we talk about, would be
> > hard to understand, I must say) that it must be made _now_, instead of
> > after Lenny, it is the only possible way, right.
>
> I did ask for these clarifications/fixes on nearly every in-persona meeting
> we had since around 2002, with no effect. usually i am quite patient.

Only Thomas may speak for himself, but I guess he fears the amount of work
involved in adding the copyright statements for all contributions. But in case
the work is rather done by the contributors themselves by proposing patches to
the copyright statements, this should be a non-issue; after all, it won't cause
unexpected behavior of the code...

[...]

Who on this list is actually opposing following the suggestions of both, Henning
G. and Henning S., to a win-win solution as follows:
- Merge Henning's copyright-patches now (or rather, before the next upload)
- Discuss the future procedures at the meeting in Essen

Happy flaming,