First FAI Team meeting

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 18 22:24:07 CEST 2007

Hello dear Ubuntu-FAI team, hi Thomas :)  [ Thomas, I've cc'ed you
to keep you in the loop what's going on on the ubuntu
side. Stephan has mentioned he wants to make sure that we don't
"fork" fai, but contribute with you. That's why I'm keeping you in
the loop from the very beginning ]

Now a few days have passed after the creation of our fai team. In
order for the team to be most effective, I think we should start
with an introduction round and a bit housekeeping.   I therefore
propose that we meet together on IRC. Since we are more or less a
ubuntu team, I propose as channel #ubuntu-meeting. As time I
propose Tuesday, Sep 25m in the evening at 18:00 UTC. That's
nearly exactly one week from now. I know that it is hard to suit
everyone, so please take this only as suggestion. If you cannot
attend, please give a better date, and we can reconsider.   I've
setup a temporary agenda for our meeting:  * Introduction
* status quo a: housekeeping (future meetings, communication,
  etc.)
* status quo b: current problems with fai in ubuntu
* short term plans for Ubuntu 7.10    (gutsy)
* long  term plans for Ubuntu 8.04LTS (hardy)
* next meeting  In order to record our meeting, I will check with
the scribes team https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam if and how we
can use their mootbot:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScribesTeam/MootBot.

And now some other news: Updates about fai 3.2.1 in ubuntu: I've
uploaded packages for dapper, edgy, feisty and gutsy to our team's
PPA. I've documented how to use that repository here:

https://launchpad.net/~fai/+archive

They are working for me. However, I tested it only using a dapper server
installing feisty clients. I have not tested them with fai-cd, nor did I
test other combinations. Feedback on my packages are highly appreciated.
As soon as I hear some feedback from you, I'd like to announce the PPA
archive for public use on the fai mailing list.

Upload of fai 3.2.1 to gutsy will follow RSN.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4