The future of fai-cd

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Mon May 14 13:09:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Monday 14 May 2007 12:43, you wrote:
> Is there some nice howto or further information on that way of building the
> CDs?

Not yet.

It's basically: create a minimal livecd with fai installed, run fai-mirror and
copy the results in the livecd, copy a faiconfigdir on the livecd. Then fai
is run on boot, partititions the harddrive (via a fai hook) and does a
fai-softupdate. (IIRC the dirinstall wasnt that easy to use, due to some
problem.)

The code is in svn/people/h01ger/faicd - the problem is that the live-helper
configuration files are actually live-packages ones.

> If I get it right, that way does not include custom configurations,
> doesn't it?

Again, not yet (documented). Of course its possible.

regards,
	holger